How buy-to-let property landlords in Bristol and Bath can avoid bad tenants
As leading letting agents in Bristol and Bath, here at Intire Lettings we help property investors and buy-to-let landlords in Bristol and Bath to maximise the rental income from their rented properties.
This interesting article caught our eye recently discussing various ways in which buy-to-let landlords in Bristol and Bath can reduce the potential stresses caused by bad tenants.
The biggest and most common issue faced by property investors and private landlords in Bristol and Bath is usually non-payment and late payment of rent by tenants.
According to the article above, a concerning 59% of private landlords had to deal with tenants not paying their rent last year – with another 99,000 tenants not paying rent for two consecutive months.
This has had a knock-on effect on tenant evictions from rented properties, with 8% more buy-to-let landlords commencing eviction Notice action compared with 2011.
Some of the essential tenant checks should include basic information such as:
- Last three months’ bank statements
- Previous landlord reference check
- Credit checking incorporating fraud & employer checks
- Identity checking including current address confirmation
- Thorough inventory listed and deposit put in protected scheme
- Complete property inspections regularly
- Visit property within first month to confirm tenant in situ
- Send in legitimate gas and electricity contractors to check appliances
As leading letting agents in Bristol and Bath, we can advise you further.
To find out more about how our expert letting agents in Bristol and Bath can help you, please get in touch here.
SHARE THIS POST
SIGN UP FOR PROPERTY ALERTS
Receive email notifications for all new properties that meet your requirements.SIGN UP